The Objectives of the Old English Sheepdog Club Of Victoria (Inc):
To affiliate with the Victorian Canine Association Inc. and …..
- To promote and encourage the breeding of pure bred dogs and in particular the Old English Sheepdog.
- To promote and raise the standards and exhibition of registered pure bred dogs, particularly the Old English Sheepdog.
- To promote the holding of Exhibitions under the VCA Inc. Rules and Regulations and to conduct Exhibitions and/or to promote Obedience training and to conduct Obedience training and to conduct Obedience Trials, Tracking Tests, and Field Trials;
- To foster, promote and protect the interest of exhibitors of dogs at exhibitions and particularly the exhibitors of Old English Sheepdogs.
- To collect, verify and publish information relating to dogs and the breeding and exhibition of dogs;
- To educate and encourage members, breeders and judges to abide by the requirements and standards approved by the VCA Inc. for the conduct of Exhibitions and Shows;
- To promote good fellowship and sportsmanship amongst members and those participating in or attending at Exhibitions and Shows;
- To inform members of and make known to them the Laws and Regulations of the State relating to the ownership and care of dogs, and the responsibility of owners for the conduct and actions of their dogs;
- To hold functions and lectures relating to dogs and to the purposes of the Club generally; to provide awards and donate prizes for competition at Exhibitions and for the competition by breeders and exhibitors of dogs;
- To foster relations with other Clubs and bodies having similar aims; to promote and assist worthy causes, as agreed at a General Meeting of the members of the Club;
- To invest the funds of the Club not immediately required in such manner as the members or the Committee in lieu thereof shall determine;
- To purchase, hire, lease, etc. and do such things as are conductive or incidental to promoting and achieving the purposes of the Club;
- To carry on such other activities or promote or encourage interest in the breeding, upkeep and training of and the general well-being and improvement of Old English Sheepdogs and to do all such other things as may be necessary or conductive to carrying out the objects of the Club.